GIAAC is the primary organisation that puts on an extensive race program throughout the year offering races for all athletes of all standards on a variety of terrain. The highlights of their calendar include:
- 5k in the Park Series – In association with Lee Merrien Running these popular 5k runs take place from March to October on Friday evenings in Saumarez Park.
- Easter Festival – 4 races over Easter
- Father’s Day Half Marathon
- All Terrain Challenge – a really popular but challenging 7 day, 7 race series held in summer. Limited to around 70 athletes and usually sells out.
- Cliff Path Series – races of different distances in early autumn
- Cross Country League Series – spanning the winter months a series of races with athletes competing in divisions by ability giving runners of all abilities something to aim for.
- Age Graded Series – also spanning the winter months, in these road races the results are also expressed in Age Graded percentages allowing all athletes to compete for the overall honours.
See the GIAAC website events page and calendar for upcoming races.
In addition to GIAAC’s events there are a number of other organised running events in the Bailiwick put on by other organisations:
- Herm run – A 3 mile trail run on perhaps one of the most beautiful islands in the world! Read more on the Herm Island website here.
- Sark 10 mile & 5k trail run plus kids race usually early June : See link to Sark Tourism events page here.