GIAAC is the primary organisation that puts on an extensive race program throughout the year offering races for all athletes of all standards on a variety of terrain. The highlights of their calendar include:
- 5k in the Park Series – In association with Lee Merrien Running these popular 5k runs take place from March to October on Friday evenings in Saumarez Park.
- Easter Festival – 4 races over Easter
- Father’s Day Half Marathon
- All Terrain Challenge – a really popular but challenging 7 day, 7 race series held in summer. Limited to around 70 athletes and usually sells out.
- Cliff Path Series – races of different distances in early autumn
- Cross Country League Series – spanning the winter months a series of races with athletes competing in divisions by ability giving runners of all abilities something to aim for.
- Age Graded Series – also spanning the winter months, in these road races the results are also expressed in Age Graded percentages allowing all athletes to compete for the overall honours.
See the GIAAC website events page and calendar for upcoming races.
In addition to GIAAC’s events there are a number of other organised running events in the Bailiwick put on by other organisations:
- Parkrun Guernsey – starting from 9th April 2016 a weekly 5k run at L’Ancresse Common / Pembroke. From the Parkrun organisation : Event page
- Mud ‘n’ Fun run – bi-annual mud fest held in February – 2014 event page 2016 event cancelled – hopes to return in 2017
- Try a Trail – 5k & 10k coastal trail run options – 13th Feb 2016 – organised by Get Fit Guernsey Enter here
- RG Falla Quarter Marathon – 22nd May 2016 – info on their facebook event page
- The Guernsey Ultra – 22nd May 2016 – 36miles, a testing coastal route – first held in 2015 and part of the 5 islands Ultra for 2017 featuring runs in all 5 of the major Channel Islands – GU36 website
- Race For Life 5k run in support of Cancer Research – Sunday 29th May 2016 – event web page
- Guernsey Waterfront Marathon – 28th August 2016 – event web page
- Santa Run – 2015 event web page in support of Aid Reaching Children
- Herm run – A 3 mile trail run on perhaps one of the most beautiful islands in the world! Read more on the Herm Island website here.
- Sark 10 mile & 5k trail run plus kids race Sat 4th June 2016 : See link to page here.